Sunday 28 August 2011

Tubing the Nashwaak

Saturday, Wendy and I went with a group to " tube " the Nashwaak River. We met  everyone at the new fire hall in Durham Bridge and drove the four kilometers up Hwy 628 to Taymouth Ventures & Tubing http://www.taymouthventures.com/. We were greeted by friendly staff and quickly made our arrangements. For some it was cooler tubes and for others it was an upgrade to the luxury tubes. We decided on the 3 1/2 hours float and the owner Marty Stewart drove us and our tubes upriver to a secluded starting point. The river looked beautiful, gently flowing by and we were informed that the water temperature was 72 Fahrenheit. To my brain, 72 sounded fairly warm but my butt came to the reliasation that 72 is in fact quite chilly. After 5 minutes in the water, the temperature was the farthest thing from my mind as I was mesmerized by the beautiful scenery. We stopped several times to regroup and lounge on the banks and it was nearly 5 hours later that we were climbing the stairs to finish our run. Everyone had a great time and I would highly recommend this activity for both family fun and great value.
































3 comments:

  1. It looks like wonderful fun, Rob, and just about my energy level, too. No whitewater rafting for me. :o)
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures of the tubing trip. When is the next one? Can anybody join?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. follow this link
      http://www.taymouthventures.com/

      Delete